Many patients wait until they have complications before they see a specialist. Diabetic complications can be quite severe and can cause permanent damage and disability. Smart patients see a specialist so they can prevent or delay serious complications.
Why you may want to see a Diabetes Specialist now:
- You have complications from your diabetes. Complications get worse over time - see a specialist now before they get worse. This includes frequent problems with low blood sugar.
- You want to know about the latest treatment options. You want to receive state of the art treatment by someone who was trained specifically in this disease and is familiar with how to prevent and handle complications. The DOCS is a Lilly Center of Excellence and has access to all the latest treatments.
- You want to participate in clinical trials. The DOCS is currently conducting several clinical trials. Contact us to see if you are a candidate.
- You take 3 or more injections per day or use a pump. The more severe your diabetes, the more important it is for you to be treated by a specialist.
- You feel you would benefit from a care team that also provides nurse practitioner, dietitian, pharmacist, educator, and exercise physiologist to help you in every way possible.